Elizabeth's Photo Competition III
(See also the first competition and the second competition, both now closed.)
Entries are listed below.
The Rules aren't tricky this time. Take a photo to represent each of the song lyrics quoted below. The lyrics are intended to be a mixture of straighforward, whimsical and abstract.
- "Down through the platinum spires, down through the telephone wires"
- Suede, New Generation
- "Shops are full of fashion, people told what they want"
- The Jam, Carnaby Street
- "It's windy there and the view's so nice"
- Blur, For Tomorrow
- "We don't need no education"
- Pink Floyd, Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- "Pornographic and tragic in black and white"
- Suede, Heroine
- "Polishing the glasses and pulling out the cork"
- The Jam, Down In The Tube Station At Midnight
- "Hopelessly drift in the eyes of the ghost again"
- The Cure, Untitled
- "These cities are illusions of some triumph over Nature's laws"
- New Model Army, I Love The World
- "And your tea's still warm and it slowly steams"
- Frazier Chorus, Dream Kitchen
- "All the lonely people, where do they all come from?"
- The Beatles, Eleanor Rigby
- "There by the grace of God"
- Manic Street Preachers, There By The Grace Of God
- "Have a drink, have a laugh"
- Helen Love, Debbie Loves Joey
Partial entries are fine - I doubt anyone will be inspired by all twelve suggestions. If you have a cracking photo for one lyric, but nothing for the other eleven, go ahead and submit the one.
This is intended as a bit of fun, but there will be prizes of a small and token nature. Winners will be decided by popular vote, via my livejournal. The closing date for entries is
April 1st, 2006 May 1st, 2006.
Pictures should be taken for this specifically, rather than just old .jpgs you had lying around. Since I have no way of policing this, however, you're trusted.
After a round of voting, some creative adding up and a certain amount
of caprice, the winner was declared to be Nalsa, with Leathellin and Neil
Hopcroft as runners up.
Questions/comments: Mail me.